About Fernie, British Columbia
Fernie, British Columbia is one of Canada’s premiere recreation destinations, located only three hours from Calgary and one hour from Cranbrook International Airport (International terminal opening summer 2008). Nestled in the heart of the East Kootenays, Fernie is a true four-season paradise.
Fernie is amidst a vast playground of alpine bowls, winding trails, raging rivers, and crystal lakes making it a world-class destination for both ski and golf enthusiasts. Fernie boasts unparalleled outdoor experiences, an abundance of wildlife, spectacular mountain vistas and first-class urban amenities. Fernie’s historic downtown, eclectic après ski attractions and small town charm inspired Rolling Stone Magazine to declare it “North America’s Coolest Town” – a place you will want to visit time and again.
A wide array of boutiques, spas, fine restaurants and a thriving arts scene further bolster the Fernie experience. From outdoor adventures to more relaxed pursuits, Fernie has everything you’re looking for and more.
It’s the Perfect Time to Invest in Fernie
Now that Fernie has started to expand its ski hill, golf facilities and international airport (in Cranbrook), housing prices are on a upswing just as Whistler was after its expansion and championship golf courses.
Why Invest in Fernie?
- Less than an hour from the expanded Cranbrook International Airport
- 3 hours from Calgary
- 2 hours from Lethbridge
- 1 hour from U.S. border
- Voted #5 in Skiing Magazine’s "Top 25 Resorts in North America"
- "Best Powder" (Ski Canada Magazine, 2007)
- "One of the top 6 powder destinations on the planet" (Fall Line Skiing Magazine)
- "North America’s Coolest Town" (Rolling Stone Magazine)
- 15 world class golf courses within 1.5 hours including Fred Couples’ Whiskey Jack Championship Course
- Four Season Resort Town
- skiing snowboarding
golf mountain biking
fly fishing horseback riding
rafting whitewater kayaking